Well as you might remember from my previous post last week I do a weekly #Sundaychallenge on Twitter organised by @thischickreads.
Unfortunately I failed to finish it this week! I was supposed to read a book by Christine Feehan, but sometimes books don’t fit in my mood – and let me tell you, this week my mood sucked a bit. I had lost my reading mojo – Couldn’t get into books and there is one Christmas book I am now reading for over a week! So yesterday I took drastic measures and I started to read Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – as I have read something of Rainbow Rowell before I thought I could finish this in time. But me and the hubs had a day away yesterday and had to do needing shopping today, so I only managed to get almost halfway through the book – but this week I will make up for it!
Taddaaaa here is the new challenge!
So this week I am going to read Driving home for Christmas by Emma Hannigan
Wish me luck! What will you be reading this week? Are you going to participate in the #Sundaychallenge? Let me know in the comments below!
This is my stop during the book blitz for Click Date Repeat by K. J. Farnham. This book blitz is organized by Lola’s Blog Tours. The book blitz runs from 26 November till 1 December, you can view the complete blitz schedule on the website of Lola’s Blog Tours.
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR
- Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon: I have started this back in September, but it is now on my Winter TBR because it is quite a big book and it will be perfect to read on these long winter nights.
- Humbugs & Heartstring by Catherine Ferguson: A perfect Christmas book, or so I like to think and been told by my fellow blog friends. So can’t wait to start this!
- Iced by Karen Marie Moning: Winter time I try to read books I have got on my TBR list for a while now and this is one of them. No idea why I haven’t really started this as I love the Fever series.
- The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon: Well I love the Outlander series, especially Jamie and Claire and I am hoping to be able to read this one this winter as well. I love Diana’s writing, but it can be quite intense reading in the way she describes things. So I need to take my time with this.
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin: Yes, I believe I am the only one on this planet who hasn’t read this book yet or doesn’t really enjoy the TV Series. But I would love to read this book – so what better time to start than the winter… right?
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien: You might have noticed the sheer volume of big books I am putting on my Winter TBR… I guess I associated winter with exactly just that! And yes … I admit… I have never ever read these books….*hides*
- Burned by Karen Marie Moning: Book 7 in Fever series and I can’t wait to get back to Jericho and Mac and an more adult Dani 🙂
- The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead: I strongly believe February is still in the Winter *giggles* – So I am putting this last book of the Bloodlines in there! I need more Sydney and Adrian and I want to know how Richelle is going to end this marvelous series.
Now I know this is not a Top 10 but I don’t have more books on my Winter TBR – I do have more books on my normal TBR list but none of them speaks ‘Winter’ to me.
Let me know in the comments below what your Top Ten is!
by Kristen Luciani
The Venture Series
Publication Date: November 10, 2014
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
I thought I would make a lovely blog post about my participation in the #Sundaychallenge that is being hosted by @ThisChickReads on Twitter, check out her blog too, This Chick Reads!
I will try to make this a weekly post to promote this challenge and to let you know what I will be reading.
I have started a couple of weeks ago and every week there is a different challenge in reading a book, so far I have participated in a Comedy book, Christmas Book and a Book part of a Series. I have enjoyed every single one of them and I really wanted to share this with you.
Participating is easy, on Saturday or Sunday @ThisChickReads will let you know what the challenge is and then all you have to do is tweet her back and say you’re in! You can also already tell her what book you’ll be reading – the challenge starts on Sunday 1pm. The only time frame is that you finish it before the next challenge begins.
It will be a good way to either get you back into reading or, like I do, try to combine this challenge with my open Netgalley books. But it also might get you to pick up that certain book you’ve been wanting to read for ages!
Oh and there is a little price at the end of the challenge as well, if you’ve participated and finished the challenge you are in a draw to win prices! So that might be another little motivation to start and enjoy this #Sundaychallenge.
This week’s challenge will be Read a book by an author you’ve read before (any length, any format) Oh and check out the prize: Two participants will win ‘The New Mrs D’ by Heather Hill.
I will be reading Rocky Mountain Miracle by Christine Feehan. Christine is an author I’ve read before, I LOVE her Dark Carpathian series, and I can’t wait to read this one. It will also ties in with my own challenge; reading more Netgalley books I’ve got on my shelf.
Let me know in the comments if you will be participating in the #Sundaychallenge or are you already participating? And what will you be reading?