Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014
The list below is in no particular order and I probably could’ve written a top 30 ….
- Kate McCarthy – I absolutely adore her Give Me series, Book #1 Give me Love – which is free on Amazon UK and Amazon US
- Holly Martin – Her books One Hundred Proposals which gave us Harry and Suzie was adorable, and then she published a sequel to it called One Hundred Christmas Proposals which made me fall in love with this couple even more! Go check out more books by Holly Martin – she’s an awesome writer!
- Christine Feehan – In January this year I got introduced to her Dark Carpathian series by a friend of mine, boy little did I know I was going to be hooked and would be reading her whole series in 2 months! Fabulous Paranormal Romance series about these awesome Carpathians, check out book #1 Dark Prince.
- Tahereh Mafi – I stumbled upon the Shatter Me Series and instantly fell in love with it. For once the love triangle didn’t bother me, purely because I felt there wasn’t really one and the ‘other’ guy I found way more interesting.
- Rainbow Rowell – Her first book I read was Landline and I fell in love with the other side of the love story – a marriage almost broken trying to be fixed by this ‘weird’ yellow landline. Unique story and lovely characters. I have got Fangirl and Eleanor & Park ready to be read.
- Diana Gabaldon – How can I forget the author who brought me Jamie & Claire in Outlander (US) or titled Cross Stitch (UK)! The ultimate couple in history with a fantastic Historic, Time Travel not a romance book. A book you can’t really categorise but I can highly recommend! I am on book 4 and I really need to get into it again! Jamie & Claire will forever be in my heart.
- Sawyer Bennett – She gave me my first Ice Hockey novel and I was sold! The Cold Fury Hockey series is quite entertaining and very hot with guys like Alex and now Garrett in the mix!
- Aven Ellis – She gave me Waiting for Prince Harry and I ABSOLUTELY loved this story! Such a beautiful, humouristic and lovely story about another Ice Hockey Player ^_^
- Jenny Hale – With A Christmas to Remember, Jenny Hale took my breath away with her beautifully written story and with a true Christmas spirit story. It was so lovely and wonderful, this book will always be on my to-read list!
- Robin Covington – She gave me a lovely story about a hot fireman and a famous Country Singer, called Temptation, and I loved it – I think Robin was my first New Adult book and I haven’t looked back since.
Right this is my Top 10 – what is yours? Let me know in the comments below!