Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s topic: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 — bookish, blogging or otherwise!
I think most of my resolutions or goals for 2015 will be bookish and have to do with blogging. My blog will be one year old end of February and I must think of a nice way to celebrate this, maybe with a giveaway and I might buy my own domain as a treat! We will see what I come up with.
1. Read more of my actual paperback to read list – I have so many books on my bookshelf in the livingroom ready to be picked up and be read! So my goal is to read more of those and leave my kindle for a little bit. See how that will work out, shall we? haha.
2. Try to keep up with weekly and monthly posts – This is particularly difficult for me, no matter how hard I try! I understand it is for viewers and readers better to know when to expect this weekly or monthly posts I just have to try harder and actually sit for it! I can do this!
3. Read what and when I want – I particularly learned in my first year of book blogging that you can easily can get caught up in accepting reviews and it made a struggle for me to read and review those. When I have to do something it can take the fun out of it. Many times I have picked up a book reluctantly and 9 out of 10 times it turned out a fantastic book, but sometimes it also turned out to be not so good and it really kicked my reading mojo. I know my blog is quite young in the blogging world, but to keep control over it I will accept less reviews and read my own books and write those reviews. The actual intention of starting my blog in the first place. This ties up nicely with my To Read pile on #2.
4. Sort out Goodreads shelves/books – Yeah there are books on there I know I will never read and I need to be more organised with books I’ve read but still need to review. So new shelves and a clean up of my To Read list on Goodreads is in order.
5. Catch up on the many books ready to read on my Kindle – yeah I have quite a lot of books on my Kindle coming from Amazon as they were either cheap or free and sounding amazing which are still waiting to be read! Sooooo I really need to get those started as well.
6. Netgalley – Well I can say loads about Netgalley, for starters I only would request what I want to read, anticipated authors or the odd book here and there. But try not to end up requesting four more books when I am on there posting a review! And not to forget to post that actual review on my blog! All comes back to organising – Any tips on this?
7. Social Media – on one hand I need more interaction with other bloggers and authors on Social Media, but on the other hand I also need to step away and enjoy my social life (what’s that?) and enjoy being together with my husband when he’s around (travelling loads). It is important to connect and read other people’s blog, but also to consider how much time I spend on that and writing my blog in comparison with spending time with friends and family.
8. Organise bookshelves – Yeah – Wait and See if this will actually happen. Go through my bookshelves, reorganise them. Make them pretty with the many LED string lights I’ve got and maybe give away books on my blog or charity shops or sell them. There are books I definitely will never ever read, but to give them away is a big step for me…. But it will happen!
9. Priority to my favourite authors/series – No matter what, when their new book in the series, or standalone, comes out I will drop everything and read this first. There are a couple of authors I would drop everything for, just to name a few: Nalini Singh, Christine Feehan, Richelle Mead (I need more Sydrian!) Kate McCarthy, Holly Martin, Aven Ellis. And I will fulfill this promise.
10. Youtube/booktuber – I am toying with the idea of making videos for my blog, but not sure. I am scared in this aspect! But maybe this will change in 2015. Get a good camera, set it up and start making some videos and see what happens. Maybe good idea to wait till this cold and sore throat has gone. Hmmm… Any tips on how to make this idea happen?
Let me know what your top 10 is in the comments below, I am curious!