New Adult Contemporary
Released September 2014
When a TV production company decides Dogwood, Virginia is the perfect location to shoot their new teen series Bittersweet, the town is abuzz with excitement. But twenty-one-year-old local girl Cathy Johnson has too much going on in her life to waste time being star-struck. Her mother walked out on the family when Cathy was a young girl and her brother Carl was barely out of diapers. She’s always felt a sense of responsibility to help raise him, and skipped college after graduation following her father Joe’s life-threatening heart attack. Now three years later, she works full-time in the family restaurant to help make ends meet. Life hasn’t exactly been peachy, but Cathy is OK with it. She loves her hometown, and doesn’t want some fancy TV show coming in and changing everything. To her, ‘bittersweet’ is just the word that sums up her love life after her relationship with her high school sweetheart ended in disaster. But since then she’s hardly had time to brush her hair, let alone think about romance – even the kind being played out in front of the cameras by twenty-something actors posing as teenagers.
But all that changes for Cathy when charming, intense, impossibly sexy outsider Greg Moran arrives in Dogwood along with the Bittersweet cast and crew. She and the mysterious New Yorker have undeniable chemistry, but if Cathy thought she was guarded…? Greg blows hot (very, very hot) and cold with her romantically, leaving Cathy’s head in a spin. If she’s willing to drop her emotional walls, why can’t he? What is it in Greg’s past – or present – that means he’s keeping her at arm’s length?
One thing’s for certain: Cathy and Greg are magnetically drawn to one another, but they’ll have to fight to keep their relationship from turning sour.
If it’s hard to let go of the past, falling in love can be BITTERSWEET…
Welcome to the Blog Tour and Top Ten List of Operation Owl by Tara Quan! Click here for the rest of the Tour Schedule.
I absolutely loved hosting Tara Quan on my blog – as we have the same love in Author and the same top 10 list of book boyfriends, not necessarily in the right order. (With 1 exception: Jamie Fraser is on a #1 spot for me!)
Go and read below Tara’s Top 10 list. Enjoy!! ^_^
Tara Quan’s Top 10 Book Boyfriends
My fangirl side is about to come out in full force.
- Jason – Archangel’s Storm by Nalini Singh (I know I write contemporary romantic comedies, but I have a soft spot for broody angels.)
- Dmitri – Archangel’s Blade by Nalini Singh (Okay, broody vampires as well.)
- Raphael – Angel’s Blood by Nalini Singh (And all-powerful archangels).
- Janvier – Angel’s Pawn by Nalini Singh (Canjun vampire also…)
- Illium – TBD by Nalini Singh (I’m calling dibs right now for when his book comes out)
- Richard Addison – Samantha Jellicoe series by Suzanne Enoch (He’s a billionaire with a British accent, and going with another Nalini Singh hero might be overkill)
- Kaleb – Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh (I gave you guys a break, didn’t I?)
- Judd – Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh (Since he was my favorite Psy until Kaleb came around.)
- Hawke – Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh (Wolf-shifter alpha with a protective streak. You can’t go wrong.)
- Vaughn – Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh (Jaguar-shifter with a really protective streak. Need I say more?)
So can anyone guess who my favorite author is?
Welcome at the Blog Tour and Guest Post for Raven by Stacey Rourke!
Book & Author details
Raven by Stacey Rourke (The Legends Saga #2)
Publication date: May 26th 2014
Genres: New Adult, Paranormal
An infamous love, destined nevermore,
For death could not claim, the enchanting Lenore.
Cursed by the malevolent spirit of the Headless Horseman, Ireland Crane ventures to Manhattan in search of a way to break her soul crushing bond. Instead, she discovers the lines between fact and fiction are blurring once more. Croaking ravens. Telltale hearts. Could the works of Poe be coming to pass with handsome Wall Street Midas Ridley Peolte as their unwilling target?
She walks the Earth, a plague on mankind,
searching for he, her rotted heart doth pine.
Together, the two unknowingly release a dark force death itself could not tame. Surrounded by the unrelenting violence and mayhem they’ve unleashed, Ireland feels her control over the Horseman slipping. Before the beast within consumes her, she and her crew must follow the clues of the dead to right a centuries’ old wrong. Will it be enough to sate the Horseman’s appetite?
Hell hath no fury like a ghoul scorned.